The price of luxury housing in Catalonia rebounded by 6´5% in 2022
Luxury continues to rise in the Catalan real estate sector. The foreign buyer has stood out above the national, with the French being the most interested in acquiring properties from 1 million euros.
The average price of luxury housing in Catalonia closed the year 2022 with an annual increase of 6´5%. The French buyer stands out as the most active in the purchase of homes. The regions with the most high-end real estate interest in Catalonia are the province of Barcelona (Barcelona, Castelldefels, Esplugues de Llobregat, Sant Just Desvern, Sant Andreu de Llavaneres, Sant Cugat, Sitges and Valldoreix), Girona (Begur, Cadaqués, Calella, Empuriabrava, Llafranc, Pals, Tamariu or Tossa de Mar) and Tarragona (Altafulla, Calafell, Cambrils, Comarruga, L'Ametlla de Mar, Roda de Berà, Salou or Torredembarra).
- Real estate resists inflation well
- Buying homes is the best way to protect capital
- The purchase is an optimal patrimonial refuge in long-term investments
In 2023 there will continue to be an upward trend in buyers:
- Housing will continue to be a refuge value.
- The upward trend of buyers who are currently renting and want to have their own home will continue. Above all, foreigners who, after living a year renting, make the decision to buy to continue residing in Spain.
- Prices will remain stable with slight increases in the luxury segment.
- The increase in the cost of financing will make supply more balanced with demand.
- The evolution of the real estate market will continue to be marked by the instability related to the international war and the increase in interest rates.